What is a Rabbinic Pastor?
I am a spiritual companion to those who seek guidance. As the founder of Hassidism the Baal Shem Tov said we are emissaries of God. This means that I help observant, spiritual and secular people of all faiths. Many people are unaffiliated from synagogues either because they are not called to be in a synagogue community, they cannot afford dues or there is no community nearby. I am an alternative. I will help you connect to your faith without judgment.
Rabbinic Pastor Chaya Lerner, LCSW
Chaya Lerner received smicha from ALEPH Ordination Program in Jan 2021. She is the co-president of the Rabbinic Pastor Association. She has a License in Social Work. She has worked with Older adults particularly elderly Holocaust survivors.
Reb Chaya works as a therapist with Jewish Community Services. She was on the response team with the Surfside Collapse and she’s a grief and trauma therapist in private practice.
End of Life Coaching
- Assistance in completing advance directives, durable healthcare power of attorneys, and ethical wills
- Engaging in sacred conversations about end of life
- Officiating at funerals [ in person and virtually]
- Hosting online memorials
- Grief counseling
- Jewish History
- Jewish belief and thought including text study
- Interfaith dialogue/deep ecumenism
- Workshops on bereavement
- Holocaust Education
Lifecycle Services- interfaith and LGBTQA
- Brit Milah/Brit Simcha
- Bnei Mitzvah